Tuesday, May 19, 2015

White washed.... and Wonju!!!! And other exciting things in life!!!‏

Dearest Family!!!! <3

Hello!!!!! Wow you are the kindest!!! I got your package last week at transfers :) You won't believe this, though. I haven't opened it... I'm actually waiting! So I'll open it this week :) THANK YOU SO MUCH THOUGH!!!! You are all too thoughtful! (Maybe I should wait until I open it before saying all this... maybe it will be terrible. Hehehe just kidding :) )

Soo sorry about my email last week! It was absolutely terrible. I'm going to expound a little more!
So my 6th transfer is over and here goes #7. Going to be a little honest..... It was a little rough at times... but I'm so, so, so grateful for the last 6 weeks! It's during the hardest times we grow the most, right? :) And not like it was really bad or anything but because it was... kind of hard I was able to learn so much. Especially about Christ! Funny how that works. The 2 scriptures that kind of got me through the 6 weeks are 1st Nephi 19:9 and Alma 7:23 and 24. I just can't comprehend all that Christ went through and how he suffered it but because he did I can endure all things! Ok, not wanting to sound dramatic here like I was near death or anything. It was such a good transfer! But... one I was able to learn a lot from :) My last week we met some new people and also Ee-hay-een! Remember her? 15 year old. Found out the reason she stopped talking to us is because her mom won't allow it... But she really wants to because she has so many questions about this life and how to receive help and such :( Super sad! But we're keeping in contact :) Also! We went to Bro. 김현우Kim-heon-u and Sis. 조문주 Jo-mun-ju's house my last Thursday in Sokcho. They're just starting a blueberry farm so we did service out there separating soil/bark stuff. It was so good!!!!! I love working outside! Super fun :)

I can't think of anything else that happened in Sokcho... So here goes for 원주 Wonju!!
Last Monday night we ate with a lot of the members and then met 이은실 Ee-en-shil for FHE. Tuesday we were able to meet 천수영 Chon-su-young! We ate lunch together at her house. So glad we were able to see her before we left! She has a new job and works at a meat restaurant all weekend :/ So happy to see her, though! Afterwards we went straight to Seoul! Then that night..... SO WONDERFUL!!! I got to go back to my last area (중랑 Jung-nang) and see 유옥렬 Youn-ong-neor!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so good!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. Saw her and she looked wonderful!! Just so bright! She had done her hair and was wearing a little makeup and had a new bag. She talked so much and was so outgoing. Just a new person!!! I was so happy to see her. I wish I could write how different she is now but it's so hard. She's just completely a different person than who she was 9 months ago. Such a highlight of my week :) Then slept at the temple.

Wednesday morning I got my new companion!!! Sis. 서주은 Seo-ju-eun. I know..... Another Korean!!!! Craziness in the world. President is probably just trying to help out my Korean because he knows it's so bad :) Hehe. SHE IS THE CUTEST!!!!! And so funny!!! Wow hello all positivity (yes not a word...) in the world!! We are just laughing so much and having so much fun! :) She's in her 12th transfer so.. next one is her last! I know, I'm always surrounded by old missionaries. Haha, another way president is trying to help me :) I need their old, wise examples.

So after transfers we took a subway and then bus to Wonju! Welcome to the smallest apartment in the mission :) But it's perfect! Just right for 1 person. I mean 2... ;) Haha just kidding. It's great! So... Wonju's been "white-washed" which means my companion and I are both new to the area, the other two previous missionaries left. So.. we have no idea where anything is or who anyone is! Right after we got to our house Wednesday we had an appointment so we looked at the map and just started walking... Honestly we saw so many miracles today!!! I don't remember all right now but I'll try. We just asked people on the street where to go and they would point us in the right direction :) and we found the apartment the woman lives in! Unfortunately she punked... but she called us later and said she can meet next week! :) anyways, we started walking back and talking to this older woman. We walked with her for a little and then she said, "Well, here's my apartment. You can come up with me if you want." If we want.... yes!!! So cool! She's like 87- how crazy! But still going strong :) kind of... She's really religious and we talked and got to know her and got to share a message. So cool. Then we had to go straight to meet a recent convert (안은순 Ahn-eun-sun). (She was baptized in September.) We knew the name of her apartment and that was it! Just started walking. We talked to some people and then with one woman for a long time as we walked. After about 15/20 minutes we asked if she knew the apartment and she said, "Really? That's where I live! I'm going there right now." .... what?! So cool!!!!!

Ok I am running out of time! But here's the next craziness. So Thursday we took a bus to Sokcho! We have been talking to president soooo much the past week figuring things out. Right now we're kind of the sisters for both areas so we went to Sokcho to meet some investigators. I'm so blessed to still be in 강원도 Cang-won-do (the country) so I can go to Sokcho and meet old investigators! We met Kim-geong-aye. She's doing well! Reading the Bible. Always having a hard time though :( She's not going to meet with missionaries continuously, just every now and then. Then we met with Victoria. She was so, so, sad to hear that there's no sister missionaries in Sokcho and then we're leaving. It was such a good lesson, though!

Friday we met Victoria right after lunch for the last time and then took a bus back to Wonju! (About a 2 1/2 hour ride). After we got back we went straight to 강향자 Cang-hong-ja's house (she's the 87 year old woman we met Wednesday). Had a lesson with her! She really wants to learn a lot :)

Saturday there was English class and it was super good! Then FHE. There were only 4 people but it was fun :)

Sunday!! First one here in Wonju. Back to 3 hours of church! (It was only 2 in Sokcho) We met the branch and they're so kind and awesome!!
The individual members are so awesome, though! There are 4 new missionaries in Wonju so we all spoke. Here's about my district: Elder Ashbey (8th transfer) district leader. New in Wonju. Elder Houston 6th transfer and has been in Wonju 1 transfer. Elder Osborn 13th transfer and has been in Wonju 1 transfer. Elder Law 5th transfer and has is new in Wonju! Then my companion and I. So only 2 missionaries have been here 6 more weeks than the rest of us! Pretty much all are new. So crazy! Also, there was a foreigner at church! I met her a couple months ago at a meeting. I had to translate a meeting for her. I feel so bad she had to listen to me. Hahah.

Right after church a couple called and said they wanted to feed us lunch! They have a little baby. It was so good!! They're both returned missionaries so we learned a lot :)

Ok! No time! So because my companion and I are new STL's we have been calling President Christensen so much. We're figuring out with him how to do zone training since there's only my companion and I for the two zones. We think we have to split and one of us will go to one zone's training and the other person to the other training! Also, our president wants us to do 2 exchanges with each companionship. We have to figure out how to do that with our time.....

Honestly I didn't think anything would be different being and STL (honestly, it's not a big deal), but we are constantly on the phone with the sisters from the two zones asking about things. So busy! But it's so good :)

Ok. Love you so much!
Sis. Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment