Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 2


               
                            

Hello!!
Everything is just the greatest! I'm going to try and do 3 random facts about Korea to open up :)
1. Korean people hate the sun; they avoid it at ALL costs! If there's a huge sidewalk, people will all be in a line next to the wall to be in what little shade there is.
2. Old people can push you (if you say hello and they don't want to talk to you), and it's totally fine in their culture! Just because the harmonies (old people), are super respected so they can do whatever they want.
3. You don't tip in restaurants and delivery to your home is always free!
Alright! I don't have my journal again... but I'm going to try and remember what I've done! Today I had to get my foreigner's card and we were there from 9 this morning till after 2... Took forever! It was funny everyone from my district from the MTC was there except 2 people. Little reunion! But I have it so all is good :)
I don't remember what I told you last week, but there are 4 of us in my apartment.- Sis. Seegmiller & I, and Sis. LaBlanc & Sis. 권한나. The other 2 sisters are awesome!! They are the sister training leaders for my zone. Last Monday, we basically spent the whole night deep cleaning our apartment. Because of 추석 (the big holiday), no one was outside so we cleaned! It was actually super nice to have everything really clean :) We also spent most of Tuesday finishing.... Then, Tuesday was our p-day. We went to the church and met the elders there and played that card game Bang for a while, so fun! Hehe I never died. We all got Pizza School :) Then we had FHE! It's on Tuesday so if families want to come they can. It was also really fun! We played a name game at the end.
Wednesday I went on an exchange with Sis. 권한나 and it was really fun! We taught a woman that night English for 30 minutes and then about the gospel for 30 minutes. She was soo sweet!! My district also street boarded that night and that was so fun! (By the way there are 5 companionships in my disctrict, 3 elder and 2 sister)
Thursday we got to do a service project! We went to this factory place where mentally handicapped people can work. We worked with them packaging rubberbands and going to be honest here.... They were all faster than me! I'm not kidding! The saddest part is I was actually trying to keep up with them! Oh it was embarrassing. No worries, after a few weeks of practice I'm sure I'll be able to keep up ;)
Friday was good....... Don't remember much... Oh ya! We met with 강지은. She's an inactive member but has been meeting with us quite a bit!  Her English is super good so she always runs up and talks to them and asks if they're German because she is obsessed with Germans. Mom, she said she was going to friend request me on facebook, so if you see that you can accept her! She's super nice.
Saturday we taught an English class! It was so fun and I met a lot of people! Luckily I taught the advanced group so they all knew English really well :) There was this man there (he was really nice!), but we were talking about where we are from and I said I was from Arizona. He asked me if I was from Arizona why was I so white...... ;( Haha I told him I spent two months inside of a building learning Korean!
That night we had Stake Conference! We had to go somewhere else for it because the area is so big for the stake. Elder Koichi Aoyagi and his wife from the 70 spoke. It was terrible... I didn't even realize he was speaking in Japanese and not Korean for awhile. The Korean is coming GREAT! Haha just kidding, it really is! :) One day I will be able to tell the two apart! Haha
The next day (Sunday), was Stake Conference continued. We taught after and then just spent the whole evening pretty much just out talking to people! It was great :):) I have never walked so much! Ever! But it's great! I hit my yo at night and pass out within a minute. Not that that is much different from home... But it's nice being so tired at night that I fall asleep so fast.
Oh ya! Wednesday we went to THE BEST place EVER to eat!! It's called a 샤브샤브 (Shaba shaba) and basically you get all the meat and veggies you want and cook them in a bowl in front of you at your table. And it's unlimited! Oh it was the best. It's funny because at home where we would just have beef and steak and whatever meat, they have shrimp, fish, squid, octopus and that kind of meat! And when I say those animals, I mean the whole fish and whole octopus just in a pile. But they are suprisingly not bad :) The food here really is the best!! I love it.
Well, I don't remember much else! Glad to hear things are going well at home :) Love all of you!! Until next week :)
Love,
Sis. Gentry Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment