Monday, April 13, 2015

BEAUTIFUL WEEK!!‏

Dear Family,
Happy birthday, Saxon!! Glad it was a good one :) So this week... So much rain! Which is awesome! Although kind of difficult because then there's a lot less people outside. I'm going to make this email short so I can send more pictures I think...
Tuesday we met Kim-geong-aye. It was good.... but she doesn't want to actually do anything so we will probably have to stop meeting her :/ And yes! Then we had the best lesson ever with Ee-hway-een!! We taught about the first part of the plan of salvation and she was so focused and interested. She had so many great questions! She has been wondering so much about life and where she came from and such. Perfect...... She's so awesome! It was one of my favorite lessons I"ve ever had!! Oh ya and today we met 2 foreigners! A couple and the man served his mission here 21 or 22 years ago. Seriously such a shock but they were the nicest people! Haha we saw them and were not even talking for 5 minutes when she said, "I heard your mission doesn't skype! I'm sending a video to your mom right now." So that's why you got that awkward one... Sorry I didn't know what to say!
Wednesday we had zone training in Cong-neng! So awesome!!! Our zone leaders/STL are awesome! This month we're focusing on less-actives and the Book of Mormon. Then Sis. Udall and Anderson came back to Sokcho with us for an exchange. So Thursday since we didn't have any plans, Sis. Udall and I just went out to talk to people and walked so much of Sokcho! It was so beautiful and we met so many of the coolest people!! It was awesome.
Friday after planning we met Chon-su-young. We talked about conference and how to prepare and stuff. She said for sure she was going to come but then didn't! Honestly she confuses us. We can't figure her out! She's so nice, though.
 
Then met with Ee-hay-een again. Finished teaching about the Plan of Salvation. She loved it!! It was awesome! Didn't focus as well, but still focused better than she has been. Such a good lesson! She also remembered so much of what we taught. So that's good!
Saturday morning we were able to visit Misako Tanioka (she's Japanese). I met her when I first came to Sokcho but she's been busy ever since! She was good. I think she just wants to meet to practice her English though... She is attending another church and she says she's quite content with it. So we'll see! Taught about families and how God loves all of his children. She agreed and we had a discussion on God. Then..... GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!! Wow. So so good!!! So interesting. The focus for the Saturday sessions was ALL completely about family and marriage and then Sunday was totally different! Learned so much. I love conference!!! Funny how I thought at times it was boring before my mission.... Now it just goes so fast! I feel like everything they say is so important and just "Oh! This is too good I have to write it down!" But then I'm writing everything... It was amazing! I was a little surprised that I only heard President Monson speak once. I hope his health is ok.
Sunday we watched conference again!! Chon-su-young and Ee-hay-een didn't come so that was kind of a bummer :/ The coolest thing happened after, though. So 김윤성 Kim-youn-song is 15 and comes to church every week and is basically the coolest person ever. We've been trying to meet with his mom forever but she's never home.... Sunday afternoon we went and so did the elders because they were helping them move a piano. Anyways! Long story short, we ended up having a dinner with them and another less active that hasn't been to church in forever. It was the coolest!!!! Elder Elwood and Lanford have been here forever and after they were saying that they had never dreamed this could happen. It was amazing!! Then that night we watched the General Women's part of general conference. So good!!!
Real quick about today! WE WENT TO 설악산 SORLAK MOUNTAIN!!!! It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever ever been. Honestly it's when I see places like this and just out in nature that I realize how much God loves his children! He has given us the most beautiful world!!!! Our district went with the recent convert, 전건길 Jeon-geon-gil. This man is one of the most incredible people I have ever met. He has so much faith! He's the kindest man on earth. I'd say he may be the best but I can't forget my Dad ^^ Plus he's like 65 and he hiked this incredibly steep mountain with no problem!! We were so high. Literally in the clouds!! I'll send pictures :)
Love you so much! Have a good week!
Sis. Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment